Bard Optical is excited to announce that once again, we’re donating eyeglasses to “in need” public school students in every community in which we have an office. We realize the great need for not only vision health at any age, but the opportunities opened to children with the ability to see well, both in the classroom and out. Please see details below for the 75 Pairs for 75 Years program. Bard Optical will partner with your district to meet the vision care needs of these students. We’ll be giving up to 75 pairs (one pair per student) of glasses per district.
This Program will be available in your district starting January 1, and ending on December 31, 2016.
To be eligible for this program, students must meet the following criteria:
• Ages 13 and under
• Receiving free or reduced price lunches
• Students who have IDPA or other state MCO benefits or access to a free eye health examination via private insurance are eligible for the free glasses. Their eye health examination will be invoiced and submitted to the appropriate insurance by Bard Optical.
How the program works:
1) Any faculty member may nominate an eligible student for the program. Faculty should submit the nomination to
the assigned District Contact.
2) Each District Contact will print the application from bardoptical.com/75years-75Pairs, complete it and fax it to the
Bard Optical Corporate office at 309-693-9542, Attn: Jane Scott (email is not an acceptable form of submission).
3) The Bard Optical Marketing Department will mail vouchers to the District Contact once a month, to be
distributed to students nominated for the program and meeting the criteria. A parent or guardian must
accompany their student to the scheduled appointment at the local Bard office.
Please call Jane Scott, Bard Optical Marketing Director at 309-693-9540, x.245 with questions or for additional information.
To download the application, please click here.
The following are the contact people per school district:
District Unit #4
(217)373-7312, x.2 or 351-3800
District #61 (Chester East)
District #92 (West Lincoln Broadwell)