Statement Regarding COVID-19
Bard Optical is dedicated to providing our patients with the eye care they deserve. Because of the spread of the novel COVID-19 virus, we are taking extra precautions to keep our offices safe for all patients and staff.
Each Bard Optical office will be following the suggestions from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to keep our facilities clean. This will include:
- Cleaning all frames once per day as well as after a patient has touched a frame.
- Cleaning all public areas.
- Following a strict hand washing policy for staff and Doctors.
- Cleaning work surfaces after each patient encounter.
- Asking patients to wash their hands.
- Restricting the number of people who accompany a patient for a visit. Patients may bring only one person with them for a visit. The greater the number of additional visitors, the greater the chance the virus spreads.
- Reappointing patients when the patient or a person with the patient is symptomatic, has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who has traveled to countries identified as potential problem areas by the CDC.
- Limiting the number of new contact lens wearer classes until at least April 1, 2020.
- Not allowing staff members who have exhibited any symptoms of illness to work.
Bard Optical takes these extraordinary steps as our effort to limit community spread of COVID-19. We want all of our patients and staff to remain healthy as our country addresses this pandemic. We thank you for your understanding!